BWA believes in effective business advice as an essential element in the lifecycle and success of a business. The review and analysis of financial performance also forms an essential part of advisory.
There are specific critical aspects of Business advice that can be provided at various stages in a business life which include the following:
Purchase of Business, Structuring, shareholder agreement, insurance, marketing, Finance, Budget/forecast analysis, development and protection of Intellectual Property and assistance with Government Innovation Grants.
Growth Phase of Business Advice
Money management, employing people, expansion, New markets and products.
Maturity Stage of Business
Staff retention, staff incentives, Innovation, Succession planning.
Business Exit Stage
Sale of Business (See below) Retirement, Estate Planning and Winding up of a business
Once a Business Entity reaches maturity or critical mass owners may undertake significant transactions, such as acquiring or divesting business assets. This maybe in part or whole.
It is vital these transactions are well conceived and properly executed. BWA has assisted in sale of business transactions ranging from $50,000 to $50,000,000 plus, including into ASX listed companies.
Completing the deal successfully demands a range of specialised skills. High-quality professional advice can make a big difference to transaction outcomes.
The range of services provided include:
- Sale ready business reviews
- Business valuations
- Pre-deal evaluations including structuring to achieve the optimum post tax consideration
- Key transaction terms
- Pre and post transaction assistance instructing legal advice
- Financial due diligence
- Vendor assistance
- Regulatory compliance and reporting.
We advise on either the buy or sell-side of transactions. Our advice is independent and impartial and is informed by an understanding of the industries involved.
Family Law Tax Advisory
When spouses separate and enter the family law process they may need assistance with the following:
- Completion of the required Financial Statement (Family Law Rule 13.05);
- Valuation of a business that forms part of the Family Law Asset pool
- Financial assistance regarding the dissection of the Family Law Asset pool;
- Taxation advice in respect to moving assets from family owned Companies, Trusts or Superannuation Funds.
BWA has assisted numerous clients with effective taxation advice in relation to Family Law proceedings.